You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Saturday, August 18, 2007















"I'd like you to meet my investment banker..."


I had my 3rd experience with Korean medicine this week. I had to get a physical for my new job. I'm healthy. I know this, but no one wants to believe me. So, they make me do silly things like get poked by Korean doctors.

It was essentially conveyer belt medicine. The goal was to get me out of the hospital as quickly as possible. I was fine with it. The biggest highlight was the dentist. Not only did he speak perfect English, but he was the only guy who wasn't intimidated by me. He was the Korean dentist version of Clint Eastwood. The exchange went like this.

Dentist: Open you mouth.
Matt: /giggles
Dentist: What's so funny?
Matt: English. You're the only one here who even attempted to speak English.
Dentist: Of course I do! I went to Dental College.
Matt: Silly me.
Dentist: Now, did I use six shots of novocaine or five? In all the confusion I honestly can't remember. I've got one question. Do you feel lucky? Well, do you? Punk!
Matt: /afraid to say anything.
Dentist: I thought so.

Classes are tame. This was the last week for my high school kids. I was sad to see them go. One of the girls told me that she goes to a Christian Academy and they try to tie all of their books in with the bible. How the hell are they going to tie in Cyrano De Bergerac? How? It's either going to be genius or laughably silly.

Nothing else remotely interesting happened this week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That guy looks like he could be a #1 customer at BarCraft.

Maybe you and Sellers could challenge him to a winner-take-all game of BeerCraft.

Let me know when you want to start the business. Zwirb and I will drop everything and fly out there to start it up. And yes I'm serious. (if you'd have us)

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home