You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sorry for the lack of updates this week. Summer schedule has started and it is slowly killing me. Fighting monsters is okay at 3:45 or later, but at 8am, it can be difficult. Even for a skilled hagwon warrior such as myself.

Actually the mornings are easy. Drama classes are painfully simple. My debate group is awesome. These kids are really bright and don't mind having a weird foreigner break up their day with his comedy stylings. I also have what I call a "punishment class." It's a punishment class because it's obvious that these kids haven't cared or paid attention for years and are now being punished for it.

They're using the worst book in the history of modern civilization. It would willingly allow the children to poke me with sharp sticks for forty minutes instead of teaching this book. It's called "Cartoon Island." I can't tell, but it looks like underneath the LIKE logo is a WDBG productions logo. First, there are no cartoons, only white people acting strangely. It's supposed to be scripts from a TV show. The only problem is that the stories are so painfully stupid that I can't imagine anyone wanting to watch this show. This has Zwirb and I written all over it. There's even a song. I may have to steal a copy and bring it back. Either way, the book sucks, so I just try to have as much fun as possible. It seems to work...for now.

The afternoon classes are the grind. Today was the first time I ever walked into class exactly at 3:45. I overslept. I had a 3 hour break. I ate lunch and wanted to lie down for a few minutes. I wound up sleeping until 3:40. I had enough time to give myself a look, put on my pants and sprint out the door to school. The first few minutes of class was strange. I couldn't shake the cobwebs out of my head and dealing with screaming 8 year olds does not help.

Korea beat Iran on Sunday. The game was fairly entertaining. It was 0-0 at the end of extra time, so they went to penalties. Korea won it 4-3. They moved on in the Asian Cup and played Iraq today. It was almost identical to the Iran game. It was 0-0 at the end of extra time, so they went to penalties again. The only difference was that the keeper couldn't stop anything this time. Iraq moves on to the finals to play the winner of the Saudi Arabia/Japan game. Personally, I'm rooting for the Saudi's just so I can see Korea play Japan in the 3rd place game. Indonesia might not be big enough for the two of them!!!

What else? I caught a ballgame on Saturday. Every at bat was a ten pitch epic. It sucked, but the Lions pulled off a late rally and won the game. It took almost 3 1/2 hours to play a game that doesn't have the ridiculous commercial breaks that American baseball has. Not delicious.

I have nothing more to say that is relevant or true. I need to get some rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home