You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Friday, July 27, 2007

Greatest. Link. Ever.

http://www.rockfestival.co.kr/

I shall do my best to attend. I don't care what it takes. I will ROCK!

I've also been asked to write an article on Asian baseball for this website...

http://projectprospect.com/

I have to focus on younger players. No problem.

I had five days of morning classes, plus my 3 special classes(two history classes and a literature class), plus the normal monster schedule. I've been given Monday off. The purpose isn't to reward me, but to avoid paying me overtime.

This week was a grind. There were nights that I would come home and crash. I'm not solving the world's tool and dye problems or making sure that Mexico ships enough widgets to Uzbekistan or rocking a bong and delivering mail, but grinding through 12 classes is enough to make anyone a little sleepy.

We have a new teacher that will be taking over the majority of my morning death schedule. I'll be keeping my special classes and most of my monster classes. He's from Alabama and is at least within pissing distance of my age, so I'm not working with another fucking geezer. He's spent a while in China and is in Korea for the first time. Actual words said when I asked him about his partying schedule, "Well, for the first month I just want to work on getting established, you know, figuring things out in the classroom." These are the requirements at LIKE; be in the room, be reasonably sober and attempt to teach a lesson. I stopped myself from giggling like an eleven year old Korean girl.

The new guy claims I'm a good teacher. One thing he observed really struck me. He said that the kids want to talk to you. I think that's the biggest battle I've fought here. Getting the kids to feel comfortable to talk to me...in English. I'm not sure when it started, but it looks like I'm winning.

I was a little worried after the new guy observed my morning today. The only thing I had to say was, "You know, the first one wasn't like this." If he expects to walk in and have a well run class, he's either stupid or crazy...maybe a little of both. He starts teaching on Monday. It's going to be a fucking zoo. I'd pay a month's salary to be a fly on the wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home