You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Friday, February 09, 2007

http://www.cyworld.com/envy101

http://www.cyworld.com/ringoran


There are pictures of me at both these websites. Just click on photos and do your best. Yeah, that's what I look like these days.

Patrick and I thought it would be another normal night in Daegu. We couldn't have been more wrong. I hung out with Su Jin for a while and then we met Patrick at a foreigner bar downtown. We called the drama teacher at LIKE and asked him to join us. He showed up fifteen minutes later with three of his friends. Patrick suggested we go to Arabian Nights. Arabian Nights is the largest night club in Asia. Read that last sentence again. Daegu, South Korea has the largest night club in Asia and possibly the world. It's about the size of the United Center. It's a little expensive at roughly $40 American per person, but supposedly its worth it. I don't know because we couldn't get in. One of the drama teacher's buddies was only 20 and they wouldn't let him in the door.

After some angry words, we went to another night club called B&B. They sat us at a crappy table on the upper level, we moved to a better table and received our set. That's the thing about most night clubs here. They offer sets instead of regular menus. It cost about $230 American for two bottles of scotch(Cutty Sark and J&B), 6 crappy Korean beers, a massive fruit plate and "Death by French Fries." They also offer a service called booking. Night club employees will round up girls and drag them to your table, sometimes forcibly. The catch is you have to give them some of your set. The first two girls sat down at our table, Patrick and I both said "Hello" in Korean and they ran away. This happened about 25? more times during the night. We wanted to break 30. After some drinking, we hit the dance floor. I was busting out the bus driver, the drama teacher was gorilla pressing one of his friends(I'm not kidding) and Patrick was powersliding across the floor(I'm not kidding).

The biggest highlight came when a guy at the table next to us decided to kick over his table. The table was COMPLETELY full of bottles and glasses. Then, once the table was restored, he kicked it over again, further smashing the bottles and glasses. Some loud words were exchanged between his girlfriend and the table next to him. The best part was that the guy was doing his best to look like the Asian villain from any car or motorcycle movie. We stayed until around 5am and called it a night. A fun time was had by all.

My favorite part was that I had roughly a dozen of the girls say that I was handsome and then follow that with a comment like, "I thought you were Korean." I'm not sure how to take a comment like that.

Classes were tame this week. I am now doing 3 debate/essay classes. I love these classes. They actually feel like teaching and I know the kids don't hate my guts, in fact most of them enjoy me. So far....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK I have failed at finding your picture on that cyworld link. I scrolled through 158 pages of photos and couldn't find you. But, there was one...were you wearing a red pirate hat and smoking a cigarette?

10:33 AM  
Blogger Leaf said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Leaf said...

I also had trouble finding them but I did...

Dude you're hair is getting long. I hope the Koreans like hippies.

Hippies rock!

Peace and love and honey flavored dreams dude.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Leaf said...

I fell asleep with my jeans on and now my legs are sweaty.

So what's the deal, you fall in love with some girl and decide to stop posting?

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home