You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Monday, January 29, 2007

Sad times here in Daegu.

Katie left for Seoul today and Physics Brian is leaving on Thursday for Thailand. Katie is taking a job in Seoul in March and Brian just accepted a job offer to stay in Daegu for a different school.

Brian had promised the Kims' that he would work until 2/10, but he got the offer and wanted to take a vacation. He spoke to Mrs. Kim on Saturday and she hung up on him. Ouch. The only thing that could possibly quench her rage was removing the oven and microwave from the apartment complex. I can only assume that it was immolated using ancient Korean magicks. Mrs. Kim had long held a grudge against the common area and this was the perfect chance to enact vengeance that had been years in the making. Every time she wandered onto the second floor the microwave would sit on a table, its filth-encrusted hinges mocking her. Mocking her! How dare it mock Mrs. Kim!

I was fortunate enough to use the range on Sunday to cook dinner for Su Jin. So, the range did get a proper send off. I went down to the 2nd floor to warm up my bagel on Monday morning and I was met by a note and an empty table. Dinner was a success, I made a pan-fried steak with red wine and some mixed vegetables in olive oil and basil. She claimed she liked it.

I'm not sure what the hell is going on at LIKE, but there is definitely some backstage drama. Mrs. Kim has been treating everyone poorly for the past month and everyone is walking on eggshells or maybe its just me. I have slightly more hours this week. 34 classes up from last weeks 31.

I saw Su Jin for most of the weekend. She came with to English Club at one of the foreigner bars on Friday, hung out for a while on Saturday and that whole dinner thing on Sunday. Things are going really well and we are both very happy together. :-)

Tuesday marks the end of morning classes. Everyone is thrilled. Some of us are going out to celebrate including the Korean teacher known as "Angry Teacher." I've never seen a guy more instantly pissed off than he was. It should be interesting.

No predictions about the Bears....yet.

This is going to keep Zwirb up for months....

http://www.mars-earth.com/cydonia_eygpt/

3 Comments:

Blogger Leaf said...

Bears!

Miss you dude. It's crazy here. Zwirb, Kotch, and I bought NFC champion hats with the Bears logo on the front. They're stylin. The whole state is going crazy, wish you were here to see it.

Miss ya broham!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Living Fuck. Looks like Mars is in on the Pyramids too. And you all laughed. It will only be a matter of time before the Montauk Project makes a time link with the pyramids. And the Masons. Good link broham. Good luck with Su Jin, nice to hear things are going well with that. I will have to get more into that Mars page after I finish reading all the threads at IMDB for High Tension. Of course my brain might exlode out of anger and frustration before I can read all of them. BEEEEAAAARRRSSSSZZZZZZ

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who said anything about the Masons? Miami Vice seasons 3 and 4 are out at the end of March, gotta get my preorder on. Make sure I get them before they sell out.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home