You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Saturday, January 13, 2007

This week went by way too fast.

I've seen a lot of Su Jin this week. We talk on the phone every night. Read that last sentance again. She is 100% Korean from Daegu and we can talk on the phone. She's awesome. We meet for coffee, try to find me some sort of dinner and then end up relaxing at a soju hof or getting hot chocolate at my favorite restaurant. She's a fantastic girl and I'm really, really lucky to have met her, let alone be dating her. We're also painfully cute together. You guys have no idea.

There's a new bar in downtown. It's called "Batman." I may have to stop in as soon as I finish this post. I'm sure it's only going to be a disappointment, but that doesn't mean I can't build it up in my head.

My week was fairly easy at work. I'm 75% convinced that the Kim's have 0 confidence in me as a teacher. Everyone else is loaded with hours, but mine have stayed about the same. Either they like me and are rewarding me with fewer hours or they think I suck and are trying to give me as little as possible. I know most of my kids that I have like me. Most of the monsters have quit. Maybe that's the problem. Too many monsters are quitting. I really have no idea what is going on and no one is talking. Patrick thinks I'm being a pussy. He's probably right. If I were getting loaded up with hours I'd still be complaining. Whatever. We'll see what happens when the morning schedule ends.

I have yet to have anyone die on me and I show up sober and on time. I think that's half the battle. I should probably just enjoy it, but I fear I may be coming home sooner rather than later. Whatever.

Not much to report other than a lot of Su Jin. We celebrated our one week anniversary today. I bought her a Minnie Mouse cell phone charm and took her out for a heart shaped pizza. Like I said, too cute. If we start dressing alike and getting pictures taken every weekend I expect an intervention.

I did go out to dinner with Fat Brian on Wednesday. We had the following exchange,

Brian: You know, I've been a teacher here for over a year. If you have any questions, go ahead and ask me.

Me: Thanks.

I can't say he's a bad guy, but he does come off as obnoxious at times. It probably just comes from being fairly isolated.

Tall Brian leaves in less than two weeks and Katie leaves in less than three. I'm going to miss having both of them in Daegu.

My prediction for the Bears? I'm calling it a Bears win. 24-10. Here's my reasoning. No one is picking the Bears. This is a perfect game for "figure out what everyone else is doing and go the other way." Shaun Alexander plays like he's carrying the same piano that Anthony Thomas had for every season except his rookie year. Expect a wintery mix and a temp of around 20-30 degrees in Chicago. If the Bears throw fifteen passes, I'll be impressed. The Bears will avoid the gallows for at least one more week. It's all going according to plan...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must curb that DeWoskin paranoia about your teaching. Maybe Su Jin can help you figure out how to get your pictures off your phone and on to an e-mail.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Leaf said...

Man, I never knew you could be gay and in a relationship at the same time...well, unless your Gusek.

J/K d00d. Congrats on the love interest.

Everyone here is afraid to say anything about the Bears. It's so hard to be a fan when you have no idea how the QB position is going to be played.

I dominated at poker last night. I played cocky and aggressive and took all the money - you would have been proud.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home