You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Quick update. I feel sleepy and I have to go to Pohang tomorrow for orientation at my new job.

My last week came and went at LIKE. I waited until the end of my classes on Thursday and Friday to tell the students that I was leaving. I got a few handshakes and two hugs. A few kids also wanted my cell #. I'm sure I can count on a few emoticon filled texts in the next few months.

Mrs. Kim gave me my bonus and I move out in twelve hours. No trumpets. No fanfare. No teary good-byes. I'm just looking ahead to my next challenge. Fighting monsters at public school in Daegu.

Su-Jin has been great this weekend. She got me organized and packed up with little trouble. I can't believe I packed all my shit into two duffles, 1 backpack and a couple small boxes. She's amazing.

Robert took myself and two new teachers out to dinner on Wednesday. We went to one of the most expensive restaurants in Daegu and he picked up the bill. He's still a strange dude.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss u, matt! ♡

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mattu-sam will be missed at Like I am sure of it.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun at orientation, and don't do anything I wouldn't do!

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

onward and upward mattu-sam!

oh, and I miss you 2 ♡

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home