You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

This will be a half-assed update.

Less than 48 hours until Seoul. I can't wait.

Kevin from the Hapkido studio is arriving on Friday. I'll try to meet up with him on Sunday when I get back.

My boss stood me up for a meeting today. He wanted to have a lunch meeting to discuss my lesson plans. I can put up with some bullshit for a free lunch, but instead I was given some sob story about one of his friends in a car accident in Seoul. Whatever. That guy didn't take a day off for his college graduation. I was more upset about having to pay for lunch today than I was about the meeting.

I tried Burger King here. Either I've already been gone too long or its the best burger I've ever had.

I hear the Bears are playing well. Everyone knows I'm Randy Quaid in Major League 2 when it comes to them. I've been hurt too many times. I just don't trust these guys. They don't have a single playoff reciever. Not a one. I also don't trust their so called running game. Cedric Benson sounds more and more like Curtis Enis. Thomas Jones is essentially LL Cool J in Any Given Sunday. I don't trust him at all. Then again, if this team stays healthy, they win the division and a first round buy easily.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think if they won the super bowl it would not please Crusty Bears Fan Matt. I understand to not give in so easily and be trapped whent hey look so good, but my god, this is the most complete Bears team right now then I have seen in my entire life. You say they dont have playoff recievers, I say the way Moose has been playin he looks like one, Berrian seems to be turning into a legitimate deep threat, and all the sudden Desmond Clark decided to become an NFL tight end. I guess as far as playoff proven you are right, but cant prove yourself til you make the playoffs. Defense is as good if not better then last year. Tommie Harris is a monster, Urlacher is Urlacher, line is great, secondary is as iffy as it was last year. All in all, as of this week, definitely most complete team in the NFL from what I have seen, but of course it can change, I am tentatively excited about the rest of the season. If you were able to sit down and watch these games and stil think this team is not for real or a fluke you might as well legally change your name to Jay Moronotti cuz they aint ever gonna be good enough to make you happy. Anyway, playin hockey again last couple weeks has me lookin at Ebay, never good, now someone is gonna have to try to talk me out of picking up this Sean Burke goalie cut Hartford Whalers jersey. Ugh, why did there have to be a Whalers jersey available? Zardoz has spoken

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beeeeaaarrrsssss

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Da Bears will be 19-0 when it is all said and done.
END OF LINE

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the convicts aka "the Bengals" are doing very well, with exception to last weeks game. the Bengals headlines are soaring through the charts and "the most wanted"... by the FBI list.
anyways "who dey!"

6:42 AM  
Blogger Leaf said...

I'm 0 - 4 in playing madden against zwirb and sellers.

I used to be good at this game I swear.

I also started a bears franchise team. Grossman broke his collarbone in the first game of the season. So I have our hero, Kyle Orton, back in play. God damn I love that boy.

Yes, I just wasted an entire post talking about not only sports, but sports in a video game. I LOVE THE USA!

PS -- The Bears do look amazing. I'm a believer. I smell an undefeated season. Grossman has been throwing passes so beautiful that Sellers and I drop to our knees and thank Jesus for him, while Zwirb openly weeps.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Ben Soto said...

As far as burgers go, I think you've been gone too long. Wait a minute! What kind of meat was it.........

And yes, the bears are good. I can't believe it. Packers, suck as usual. But they're still the team I grew up with. The bears demolished them. I was a sad day in the land of the cheesehead when that happened.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone has his hopes up way too high! I don't blame you for being skeptical. Still, it is fun to watch, even I am getting pulled in.

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home