You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Quick work update.

We had teacher workshops on Thursday and Friday. Both were helpful, but the highlight was the Friday meeting. Mr. Kim(the owner of the school) brought his guitar. He likes to teach English through song, but all of his songs sound remarkably similar. I was biting my lip the whole time. A few chuckles is okay, but the patented Matt Cackle, probably would be met with a frown.

I have to go in an hour early for lesson planning for the next few weeks. I'm fine with it. The more prep I can do the better.

The kids are starting to take to me and I'm starting to get better as a teacher. My biggest worry is that they're not learning anything from me. I find myself asking a lot of questions and typically getting the answer I want. Not sure if that means anything or not.

The kids were most impressed with my beard. I went a few days without shaving(I had a few mosquito bites that would have hurt to run a razor across) and whenever I'd bend over they'd be touching my face or arms because of the hair. I guess Koreans are essentially hairless, strange. I also have a girl who told me that I'm Superman. Only by night. I was wearing a red shirt and blue jeans and I also had my black glasses on. I told her her new English name is "Lois."

Cell phone and gym membership tomorrow. Yay!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leaf said...

Dey say you Brade Runna?

9:05 AM  
Blogger Ben Soto said...

Superman, all right! Saving Korean one lady at time. Glad to hear things are going well. With the facial hair you're like a celebrity, and I'm gathering you're like a giant over there!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home