You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Well, this was quite the week for me. I was able to make it to Great America to brace myself for the flight. I figure after a few spins on some of the puke rides I'd be fully prepared for my jump over the pond.

My good buddy Rhea was my tag team partner for this adventure. I wound up going 4 for 4 in air hockey against her. I've lost girlfriends over air hockey games and she thought she could hang with me? Ha! The only thing I can compare it to is Jason versus random campers in Friday the 13th movies. She might as well as had sex with some random teenager, at least then she would have scored.

Vertical Velocity is the fastest, most intense coaster I've ever been on. There was also a moment of genuine terror when it sounded like the mechanism locked up while we were hanging upside down. Superman is still my favorite. If you plan to ride on it, sit up front. It's probably the closest I'll ever get to actually "flying."

The food absolutely kicked my ass. I had a powerful lust for corn dogs and funnel cakes. Now? I have a powerful lust to stay away from them.

The only lowlight was getting sprayed with what I will refer to as "water" on the Raging Rapids. I've ridden this ride since I was little and I've never been as wet or as grossed out as I was when I rode it last week. Just not a fun experience for anyone involved.

Before heading home I was able to check out Gurnee Mills. The biggest highlight was taking pictures on the various kiddie rides around the mall.
I also caught my final two White Sox games. I split the weekend. Losing a battle with my dad and dominating today with the Superfan. Sellers and I took the PBR challenge. Nothing but PBR and the first to throw up loses.

My article for the ComicCon is up and is the link of the day. Enjoy suckers.

http://www.comixtreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29745

Pics below are the few that I have from my experience in Gurnee. Rhea rocks. Hard.







1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come KNEEL before ZOD!
Look in the AIR, its a bird, it's a plane, NO! it's SUPER MATT! Mmmmm funnel cakes. your super happy fun shiny awesome. If you come back to the states we have to celebrate GA Halloween style! and yeah so what about AIR HOckeY, I'll get my groovE into it...maybe if I'm not too busy serving BUMPS at ROH!

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home