You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

The past few days, the last thing I've wanted to do is sleep. Typically, I loathe sleeping. I just don't enjoy lying in be, but it's been even worse lately. I'm not anxious. I'm not nervous. I'm not scared. Maybe I should be. I just don't feel tired.

35 hours and counting. I've got the following chores for tomorrow. Breakfast with my parents, a trip to the drug store, stop at the bank and packing everything I'm going to need for a year into two 80 lb. suitcases.

It's an interesting problem from a philosophical standpoint. How can I possibly be prepared for the next year? How can I possibly fit everything I'm going to need into two large cases? I don't think I can, but I have to try.

Things I wish I could take, but I'll have to leave behind.

My baseball glove. Life is always better when I can toss a baseball around.
My TV. Come on, I spent a freakin' ton on this set up and it gets to rot for a year.
My bed. Nothing will ever know you better than your own mattress.

The exact kind of thing I DON'T want on this blog is a message from me gushing over my friends and family and how much I'll miss them. I will miss them, but I know I'll see them all again on the long road back to middle.

This past week has been a lot of fun. I'm starting to become of the opinion that I should live every day like it was my last. I can't remember having a better time than I have during this last month.

Highlights include,

Snakes on A Plane while being 40 oz. to freedom. Stomping Rhea mercilessly at bowling. She still rocks, no matter what. Poker battles with my posse. Farewell BBQ, I wish I had more time to spend with everyone. Bobbleheads and sausage races in Milwaukee. There will always be a soft spot in my heart for that mediocre ballclub over the border and their incredibly slick throwback uni's. Powder blues with the ball and glove logo are classics.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Matt!

I hope the flight went well, and you found the elusive Mr. Kim without problem... then again, I'm posting this comment at 3:43 pm, and you're basically just getting over, like, Minnesota by now... whatever.

Anyway, Rhea called while we were in the car going back, while Dad was yelling at Mom and me for crying. And yo did get comics, but we'll send them off to you.

Other than that, just try not to get deported, okay? Dave will never let me live it down.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Leaf said...

Hey man,

I set up a blog so I could actually reply on this thing. Hopefully the rest of our slacker friends will do the same.

So! You should be kickin it korean style by now. Hope you had a good flight and what not. Was good to see you off properly with the bbq and hassman's psuedo party thing.

We can't mention your name now or sellers cries. Who's gonna teach that little fella about baseball and women for a year? I hope he won't regress too much.

Big weekend for hassman coming up...

8:26 AM  
Blogger Leaf said...

Hey man,

I set up a blog so I could actually reply on this thing. Hopefully the rest of our slacker friends will do the same.

So! You should be kickin it korean style by now. Hope you had a good flight and what not. Was good to see you off properly with the bbq and hassman's psuedo party thing.

We can't mention your name now or sellers cries. Who's gonna teach that little fella about baseball and women for a year? I hope he won't regress too much.

Big weekend for hassman coming up...

8:27 AM  
Blogger Leaf said...

I posted twice cause I'm freakin cool.

err...3 times now.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry matt i'm using your blog for these means...but...
Kaede-no-Kitsune...CALL ME!
Sayonara!

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home