You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Monday, March 02, 2009

Well, the new school year is upon us.

We got off to an auspicious start on Monday. We had a schoolwide assembly in front of the school to introduce the new teachers and vice principal. They introduced all the subject teachers...except me. To be fair, the principal told me I didn't have to watch the assembly, but I stuck around as a show of solidarity. So, he probably didn't have my name written down.

We've changed rooms again. This time moving back to the smaller room that we occupied when I first came here.

There are only 4 of us in the office now. Myself, the 5th and 6th grade English teachers and a new 6th grade English teacher. So far, we've only spoken Korean in the office and I'm getting along better with these people than I did before. It's only been 2 days, but if this keeps up, I might have to stay for another year. No decisions have been made and I'm keeping an open mind about my future here. I know I want to stay with Su-jin. I really like the public school schedule and I find the working environment to be acceptable. We'll see what happens when I actually have to start teaching with my new coworkers.

Speaking of which, she's a tiny woman. I think Su-jin has an inch or two on her. She hasn't really tried English with me yet, but I get the impression that she's competent...or smart enough to stay out of my way if she's not. We have a meeting tomorrow to discuss our class for next week. Fingers and toes crossed.

The new vice principal is a woman who speaks 0 English. It's better than the fat idiot that screams "Matthew! Charming!" at me. She seems pleasant enough, but I'll miss Mr. Lee.

Daegu is freezing right now. I also have a computer and internet in my apartment. I'm going to attempt to logon to xbox live tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home