You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Christmas in Korea is an interesting holiday. On the one hand, Korea tries to resist all things western(with little success), but on the other hand, there are a lot of christians here. I get the impression that Korean Christmas is a holiday for children and couples. It doesn't really seem to be that big a deal for most families. At least as big of a deal as it is for western cultures.

I spent my Christmas with Su-jin and her puppy. We met in the early afternoon. We actually bought a small tree this year and opened presents. Su-jin got a coffee press, coffee, two mugs(pink for her, red for me), a picture frame from my Aunt Randi(thank you!) and a few gifts from my family that I can't seem to recall. Su-jin gave me a black and burgundy White Sox scarf and a DVD. I also got some tea from her mom.

We made a pancake lunch together. I cooked the pancakes(I am an expert) and Su-jin made the bacon. Then, we pressed some coffee and ate pancakes with Canadien(boo!) maple syrup.

Then, we watched Christmas movies all day. We started with the 1964 claymation Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Bad Santa and ended with Love Actually. Su-jin cooked an awesome dinner with beef and vegetables.

A fun time was had by all.

I just taught my last class for 2008. Yay! I also just found out that I have to go to Pohang for 1 day and 2 nights with my cockbag co-workers. If it were any longer there would either be a dead foreigner lying on the beach or the entire faculty would be found slaughtered at a hotel. I'm going to try to find a way out of this. I may call in sick. They've avoided doing stuff like this all year. Now, after being assholes for a solid 5 months, they want to have a group outing. In Pohang. Grand. I may spend the entire trip pretending to sleep.

They can't possibly make me come, can they? Seriously.

Happy New Year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Matt!

I finally got to open my Christmas gift, and it was all adorable! I think I might have to fight the allergy bag for use of the pillow, though. Thank you so much!!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home