You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Monday, February 11, 2008

I was told yesterday that we'd be teaching today. Since we are done with the book, Ms. Kwon wanted to have the kids watch a movie.

I would have loved to used some Justice League or any of the cartoons at my disposal, but most don't have English subtitles, let alone Korean subtitles. Ms. Kwon rented a VHS(yuck) of Robots. The only problem was it was a "Korean only" version. So, I got my wish. Justice League for all. The kids seemed to enjoy it. I think they just liked the battle sequences. Most of the vocabulary was a bit advanced. I showed them an episode entitled, "Hereafter," where Superman is thought to be dead. We attempted to do some questions after, but the bell had rung and the kids were running and screaming already. They graduate next week.

It's still strange to me that the kids go on vacation, then come back for a week to graduate the next week. Whatever. As long as the checks clear. Oh, immeadiately after class, I was informed that classes were canceled for the rest of the day(week?). This is going to be a long, boring week.

Quick update. The teacher that decided we were mortal enemies has left the office. For some reason, she came in on Monday and cleaned out her desk. I doubt she quit, probably just took another assignment in the school. Either way, the awkward party is over. I still have no idea why this was taken to the levels it was taken to. Whatever. She can continue to pout at her new desk.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why didnt you get Robot Jox? What a crime. "I COULD YOU KNOW, SQUASH YOU, LIKE BUUUUUGGGGGGG!!!!" And you know Robot Jox is even better in VHS.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home