You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Monday, April 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

We headed out to one of the chicken restaurants in downtown. Koreans might not know western food very well, but one thing they do get right is fried and BBQ chicken. After chicken, we headed to a very chill bar called Silk. Silk offers one of the best deals in Daegu. 500ml of premium vodka for roughly $35. It's enough to get 4 people absolutely tanked for less than 10,000 won each. Patrick ran out half way through the night and bought a cake. Awesome. At the end of the night, for some reason I became irritated with my Korean friend, Min-ho. It was probably an age joke or something. All I know is, I ended our fued by pouring water on his crotch when he turned his head to light a cigarette. The best part was that he didn't realize I did it for a full ten seconds after. It was like, "This is a good cigarette....wait....what the...oh no!!!" I apologized later. I even let him borrow my CostCo card.

I got a massive gift box from my family and Su-Jin gave me clothing, a cell phone charm and an awesome birthday cake. Thank you very much.

Quote of the week. My friend James to his adult students on the Virginia Tech shooting.

"I guess this is why your country doesn't let you have guns."

Wow. Way to keep your students happy, James. Apparently the students were none to happy with his comments and I can't really blame them. James is a guy I can't quite figure out. He's engaged to a Korean girl and I have no idea what she sees in him. He wants to spend the rest of his life here, but he is very much a "Pro-America" guy and he doesn't do very well when it comes to being polite. It's just a strange situation.

I also found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woo_Bum-kon

The two single person massacres with the highest body count are by South Koreans.

The Samsung Lions picked up another W on Sunday. Great game. Oh Seung Hwan worked a two inning save. He actually gave up a hit this time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Matt!! I can't make it to Korea this time around... Mom and Dad just HAAAAD to schedule the trip before I got vacation time.

I hope you enjoy the DVD, and I'll talk to you soon!

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOps, I forgot to sing happy birthday to you: Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Matthew
Happy Birthday tooo yoooou!!!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home