You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Monday, April 16, 2007




<---A picture of the cake Su-Jin and I had for our 100 day anniversary. The 100 day is a big deal for couples. We celebrated on Sunday by going for a stroll downtown and shopping. Then going to the grocery store and me cooking dinner. A fun time was had by all.

Also, a mammoth box of Oreos I bought at Costco in the background.













<----The announcers for the StarCraft League postgame show. Not one, not two, but three pink shirts and ties. Only in Korea.













<----I need a fucking haircut.














<----Manjiro at rest.















<-------Superman selling cellphones.












Lazy weekend filled with a lot of bad baseball.

I had Friday off and I just hung out in Daegu with Su-Jin. The weather was gorgeous and I did my best to spend as much time as I could enjoying it.

The Samsung Lions dropped two out of three to the hated Kia Tigers. The biggest highlight was the first game, the one game that they won. Kris Wilson went 7 strong innings before being yanked. The relievers came in and displayed the composure of a twelve year old Korean girl at Academy. The best part was, while the bullpen was melting down, they kept cutting to shots of Wilson in the dugout about to strangle everyone in sight. They battled through a ROUGH 8th inning and brought in the Korean Mariano Rivera to ice the game. Oh Sung Hwan's nickname is Iron Mask. He has one expression and he constantly wears it. He always has a look of focused determination. His asshole has got to be watertight. He's a great pitcher, but he's got to be a dud at parties.

All this time I thought the biggest problem for my beloved White Sox would be the pitching, but then I remembered that it's an odd numbered year. It's the offense' turn to suck. I get the impression that if you took all the White Sox bats and threw them into the ocean, they would not be able to hit water.

Jermaine Dye is slowling morphing from "Yer Main Guy" into "The Jerm" again. The Crede Comet has been inCREDEbly bad and especially CREDEocre this season. A.J. Alphabet is turning into A.J. Assbat. While Juan Uribe is now Juan Gone! He's the only guy who looks like he knows what he's doing at the plate.
I just worked 8 classes and a two hour long private lesson. I tried my latest idea. I bought a Korean comic, blocked out the Korean and asked the class to write a comic in English. They didn't hate it. In fact, I had the Korean teacher poll the class afterwards and they claim they wanted to do it again. We'll see what happens when I try it on the monsters Tuesday and Thursday. Fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little down on the Sox, are we? Yes,you do need a hair cut!

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, what is with the Elvis sunglasses? Could we have a picture of you without the staged expression and hand signals...by the way what do the hand signals mean?

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home