You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

We went to Gyong-Ju today. It's supposed to be a tourist destination in Korea. It felt more like a tourist trap.

We took a quick bus ride for only about $4 each. Vegan Brian wanted to hit a vegetarian restaurant, so we went straight there for linner. It was actually really good, but I was disappointed not to get any potatoes. I miss potatoes. The staff was really curteous and the big highlight for me was the dwinjon jiggae. No fishheads for me this time.

Then, I asked if we could see one of the "sites." The closest was a Tomb for one of the kings of Korea. We went there and it was FREEZING cold with lots of wind. We were all relieved when we found the indoor exhibit.

Then, things took a turn for the worse. We couldn't find a taxi to take us back to the bus terminal. After walking for a few minutes, we flagged one down. The only problem was that there were five of us and the cockbag cabbie wouldn't take five people. The result? Su-Jin and I were left to freeze on the side of the road, until another cab showed up. Thanks guys. Thanks a lot. It was at this point that I decided I hated Gyong-Ju. It's a fucking tourist trap. Plain and simple. Vegan Brian loves it for the restaurant and the nature. I'll take 500 trips to Seoul before I go back to Gyong-Ju. It's a boring little city surrounded by mountains and inhabited by thousands who are trying to sell touristy crap. Big minus points for stupid cab drivers. Final score, -63.

Moving on.... classes are still tame. Nothing new to report at school. I did have a boy proudly announce that he was a "lesbian" and that he was "gay." Then, another student attempted to kiss him. That one threw me for a loop.

Baseball season starts in a week. KBL Fever! Catch it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dwinjon jiggae??? What is that?

6:40 PM  
Blogger Leaf said...

Saying you are gay so you can be hip is so 2006....

Unless the kid really is gay! :O Somehow I see Korean sensitivity training in your immediate future.

The frozen tomb of an ancient Korean king sounds like a great setting for a bad horror flick...like the king has a scepter made of ice that freezes his unwary victims entombing them alive in a frozen coffin...AWESOME...and somewhere someone gets impaled with an icicle stalactite...TOTALLY AWESOME!! I should tell sellers to write a work-up of it...

Kotch, Sellers, Zwirb, and I are entering a $75 holdem tournament this sunday up in Kenosha. Wish us luck!

Miss you broham - tell Su-Jin your goofy american friends say hello.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home