You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Quick update.

Yes there are pictures. In just under 6 months. Thank Su-Jin. I still don't have the pics off my cell phone, but I think this should keep everyone happy for a day or two.

Baseball season starts in less than a month here and ballgames are dirt cheap. I can't wait.

I was kicked by a student the other day. He wouldn't stop playing with a mechanical pencil, so I took it away. Then, he kept acting up, so he got tossed from the room. He wanted his pencil back. I said, "After class." He came in my room after class demanding the pencil and shouting. I said, "Stop screaming." Then he kicked me. I put the boy in a headlock and marched him to Mrs. Kim. He was lucky I didn't break his neck.

Then, today, a Korean teacher gave the same boy a board marker. He chose to use it to scribble in Korean on my board. I had a brief argument with the teacher. Here is the conversation in chat form.

UnderMyDewoskin: WHY DID YOU GIVE HIM A BOARD MARKER???
ESL4LIFE: he asked for it
UnderMyDewoskin: DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE DID WITH IT???
ESL4LIFE: ...
UnderMyDewoskin: I AM VERY ANGRY BECAUSE OF THIS
ESL4LIFE: ...
UnderMyDewoskin: HE USED IT TO WRITE ON MY BOARD!!! A HIGHLY DISRESPECTFUL THING TO DO
ESL4LIFE: ...
UnderMyDewoskin: SCREW OFF!

*online host* UnderMyDewoskin has left the chatroom

ESL4LIFE: ...

*online host* UnderMyDewoskin has entered the chatroom

UnderMyDewoskin: YOU ARE ONLY MAKING MY JOB HARDER!!! THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!
ESL4LIFE: ...
UnderMyDewoskin: /stomps around menacingly, glares at the wall

*online host* UnderMyDewoskin has left the chatroom

ESL4LIFE: ...
enCHOI: Hey everybody! It's Mr. Choi time!!!

Also, a parent complained that her child didn't understand the story and didn't do the exercises in the back of the chapter. Apparently this is my fault. Why I'm not sure. Mrs. Kim asked me to go over the story with the class(I do this, usually 3 times), ask questions(I do this, as long as the class isn't running around screaming) and have the kids do the exercises(I don't do this, just because I'm too busy doing the first two and stopping monsters from running around and screaming). I'm just going to keep doing what I've been doing. Hopefully, the kid will pay attention next time and not spend the entire class picking his ass. I wish I knew which kid it was. I'll try to ask tomorrow. Personally, I think this is a job for the Korean teachers. The reason they are there is to assist with comprehension. I don't know, maybe they can explain the story in a different language, like, I'm not sure, KOREAN!!!! Frustrating week. ^_^ :-(

My TOEFL classes are rocking though, these kids actually seem to enjoy hanging with me and talking about essays. I'd like to try the same tactics with my monsters, but they simply will not allow me to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leaf said...

the girl is totally cute!

dude, the long hair look is pretty sweet on you. I say grow it more! But I'm a damn hippie so what do I know.

sellers and zwirb are going to be insane with jealous when they see Su jin.

great pics! send more!

I have some from the superbowl party at hassman's...ugh. I'll send em eventually

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home