You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Strange morning. We planned a trip to CostCo to stock up on essentials for this morning. After a very late night, the trip hung in the balance, but came together in the end thanks to some pounding on doors and shouting. We hopped in a cab, but the driver was confused. Usually, in the USA, if a cabbie doesn't know where something is, he'll either make a phone call or refuse the fare. That is not the custom here. If a cabbie doesn't know where something is he will not admit it. No one wants to admit ignorance here. First, he took us to Outback Steakhouse. I guess he thought we looked hungry. Then, we called Mrs. Kim(our boss) on a cell phone and got him directions, then he spent the next thirty minutes trying to remember all of them. A ten minute cab ride took an hour. I was forced to ride shotgun next to this terrified joker.

We found CostCo and I am now stocked on all essentials. We even bumped into some friendly foreigners.

I've got to plan my sleep schedule very carefully for the next two days. I REALLY want to watch game 7 of Mets/Cards. Go Redbirds.

5 Comments:

Blogger Leaf said...

Sounds like the cabbie might be related to Sellers. He drives like he's perpetually lost -- all the time. In fact, when he gets in the car I'm pretty sure he has no idea where he's going. He just goes...sometimes he ends up at work, sometimes he ends up at our apartment, and sometimes he ends up halfway to Canada with a 12 point buck lodged in the undercarriage his car.

That's just how he rolls. Venison anyone?

2:04 PM  
Blogger Leaf said...

I think zwirb is on strike from replying to your blogs - he's pissed about the fat comment you made a couple posts ago. Way to go!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would reply but I gained 50 lbs in the last 3 minutes so my fingers are too fat to type. I am having a representative type this for me.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Jeez. Make one really good fat joke and you're marked for life.

I'm not apologizing for that shit. From what Leaf tells me, you've been bulging out of that faded orange Urlacher jersey lately.

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orange jersey? That would be me. Thanks Matt.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home