You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

The situation at work has improved some. I guess everyone was just stressed out of the fall talent show. I don't see why. The kids seemed to take care of themselves well enough. I really doubt anyone actually helped them practice their dance or taekwondo routines. It appeared to me that all the other teachers had to do was get the classroom decorated and organized for the parents. Is that really that difficult? Hanging bits of colored paper and signs? Either way, the talent show was painfully cute and most of the stress that lingered around the office like a stale fart has dissipated. The 6th grade has been behaving better. I started bribing them with candy. It's helped. A lot. I'm going to have to pick up a few bags for this week. Our nasty bastards in class 6-4 actually spoke. They new they were getting a bribe.

The weather here is still terribly mild. We haven't had the temperature dip below 50 degrees during daylight hours yet. The English room is painfully cold for some reason. It's going to be a long winter if they're going to force us to use it. I may or may not protest.

I'm probably not going to change jobs this year, I'll wait until the summer to decide what I want to do. I know that I'd like to do my Master's degree. Either here in one of the global MBA program here or possibly online. I should at least apply here to keep my options open.

I played dodgeball with one of the 4th grade classes. No one was maimed or injured. The kids were hysterical. For some reason, they wanted to protect me. The problem was, I'm a large target compared to 4th graders. They're also a little quicker in their lateral movement. I'm about 1000 cheeseburgers ahead of these kids in life. I think I'm allowed to have some lead in my ass. Either way, I played well enough, again no one was injured. At least not by me.

Baseball season is finished here. Offseason sucks.

I'm looking forward to coming home in the winter for a week or two. I should have my winter camp schedule in the next week or so.

I am slowly getting hooked on Fallout 3. It's a sick game. I don't like some of the more claustrophobic aspects, but I'm getting into it. The idea of walking around a creepy house with narrow corridors is never appealing. I keep thinking back to Wicker Park and I expect mice to start attacking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home