You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I made a boy cry yesterday just by looking at him. We did a Halloween lesson of sorts this week. He tried to steal candy. Then again, maybe his hand was just cold. I caught him with his hand in the bag of candy. He was clutching a few lollipops. I said, "No candy for thieves," and then gave him the infamous Stare of Death(patent pending). He started crying in 10 seconds. To celebrate my victory I bought a milkshake.

Tomorrow is a school festival. I don't know what this means because no one else seems to know. I may or may not show up to work. Would anyone notice? Would anyone care?

I'm considering switching schools. There are just too many self indulgent assholes here and the last English speaking principal is retiring this January. It might be time to pack the bags and find another school. It's too bad. I really enjoy the classes we have here. It's just the other bullshit is becoming untenable. I'll set myself on fire before I ever apologize to anyone here again. I don't care. I could run up and down the halls naked, hitting people with my penis. I'm not apologizing. I'm done with it. If I make a mistake or hurt someone's feelings, I act like a gentleman. I apologize. I do the right thing. If the other teachers here hurt my feelings...well, nothing. They never apologize. You could have someone dead to rights, like the candy thief, and they still won't do it. The double standard is maddening. Of the 60 or so teachers here, there is one adult. Me. The rest are 30, 40 or 50 year old babies.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elmer would be so proud.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Searching through google to find some info on Daegu, as some friends and I are heading down that way from Seoul this weekend. I was wondering if you could tell me some cool spots to hit for daytime and night life wise. I really appreciate any help!

j_seward50@hotmail.com

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I laughed at every other sentence in this post.

You sound a little bitter man.

But at least you got the cold crushing stare of despair down. I bet it would devolve Sellers in under three seconds to a wimpering mess of himself on the floor.

Cheers!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home