You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Well. Daegu is essentially where I left it. Su-jin is happy that I'm back and no one at school has started complaining yet.

Last Thursday was a retirement party for our Principal. It was also a going away party for one of our Vice Principals. The principal was a good enough guy. He seemed to like me well enough and I never had an issue with him. The vice principal either hated my guts or didn't like English very much. Either way, I was essentially a pariah to him. I was relieved to see him gone as were most of the Korean teachers working here.

We just met the two new principals. They seem like decent enough guys. If I didn't know better, I'd swear they have a huge mancrush on me. Like Sellers has on Devin Hester. Either way, I'm looking forward to our first drunken party. We'll see if these guys have what it takes to swing with the big boys(whatever, I'm still Two Can Sam).

The party was fun enough, but when it was time for my office to sing, everyone left but me. They called for our table and I found myself sitting alone. I had to sing. By myself. In Korean. I did my best. I can read reasonably well these days, but I can't read fast enough to sing with a karaoke machine. The chorus and the English I had cold, but the actual verses were really tough. I needed some help to get through the song and shamed myself in the process. I may never recover from this....Whatever, everyone was wasted and only remembers that I sang something.

Pictures will be posted, but for now, just a link. I only wish I was in Busan to participate. I guess they wanted the sign to say "Beach Festival."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the link, Kate and I are there!!!

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a man crush on Orton not Hester.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home