You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Friday was a lot harder to get through than I though it would be. Saying good-bye to 40 or 50 people isn't all that easy. You can't fall into a rhythm like you can with delivering mail or data entry. By the end of the day, I just wanted to get out of there. I couldn't shake any more hands or promise to stay in touch with others anymore.

I couldn't have picked a better day to leave. It's always best to go out on a high note and how much higher can you get than getting a "Certificate for Excellence" and a few kind words from the director of your department?

I was finishing up packing on Friday around midnight when I heard it again. There are few noises that can send a chill down my spine. I slept next to Milwaukee Ave. for two years, now I can't fall asleep without street noise. I heard the screams of a mouse stuck in a glue trap. If it were a horror movie, it would have been the "Slow Head Turn" scene. The scene when the hero/heroine turns his or her head and notices that the killer has gotten the drop on them. This is best done while talking on a phone or if its a comic relief character, munching on a sandwich. The mouse was trapped behind my water heater and I couldn't get him out without him escaping the trap. So, as far as I know, the two girls who moved into my apartment are going to have a guest.

My work visa came in. Now all I have to do is book my flight and finish my language lessons. Piece of cake.

Link of the day:

http://www.break.com/index/carl_monday_vs_library_masturbater.html

Safe for work, but probably not a GREAT idea. Basically, an investigative reporter caught this kid in the library and has decided to make his life a living hell. Bonus points for the out of control father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home