You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Graduation began at 1030 AM local time.

I wore a smart sweater and slacks instead of going with a tie. It was to be held outside and I wanted the extra layer of warmth, in case the forecast turned chilly.

The ceremony lasted about an hour. It was fairly straightforward graduation stuff. Speech, awards, speech, speech, speech, good-bye. The whole affair took about an hour. Some of the students said, "good-bye." It wasn't nearly as exciting as I thought it would be. I was hoping that each student would have to wrestle a teacher and the only way to graduate is to score a pinfall or submission.

In other news, I've joined a fantasy baseball league(The League of Dorks) through the East Windup Chronicle. I'm in the league with a few other writers and a few professional scouts based in Asia. It should be fun. I think we're going to have a 14 man league, so the draft is key. There's not going to be much left in the free agent pool. I can't wait to get started. I'll probably post more on the baseball blog. The guy who's serving as commisioner(this league's Ben) lives about an hour away from me in Busan. We'll try to watch a game together. It sounds like he's planning to use material from the league for a few feature length columns. Here's hoping I don't look like a chump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home