You have failed and now you must Daegu!

Monday, October 08, 2007

Quick update.

ABC Teach isn't THAT awful. The only problem is that I have to do this four days a week instead two. The kids are razor sharp, one even spent two months in Australia. Comprehension is not a problem. Interesting conversation is. Every phone call has the same awkward vibe of a guy calling a girl in middle school. "So, uh, what are your hobbies." "I like sleeping." Pause. "Me too." Pause. Pause. Pause. "So, do you have any brothers or sisters?" Zwirb would be in hell.

Another problem that has arisen is my schedule. I'm working 29 teaching hours with this ABC teach nonsense. My contract calls for 24. I asked the DMOE about overtime. I'd rather teach and get the money than sit on my ass. They responded by cutting 5 hours out of my schedule and none of them were the ABC Teach time. So, I should have more time for prep in the afternoon. I worry about the reaction of the vice principal. He was on a field trip when I asked DMOE and might see this as me going behind his back. I talked to him about my schedule this week and he told me that the special classes in the afternoon weren't actual lessons, but just for me to play with the kids. I was really confused by this. I swear I was told to prepare and had been preparing lessons for this. My co-teachers were as confused as I was.

It appears to be ironed out...for now.

KBO playoffs start today with the Lions facing the Hanhwa Eagles in a best of 3 series. Su-Jin and I will do our best to make it to the game tomorrow. I can't wait. KBO Fever! Catch it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ZWIRB: Oh yeah? I like sleeping too...in the nude. Do you know what that means? Yeah...that's right. It means I'm naked.

(click)

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You heard me.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home